Thursday, August 14, 2014

Travel Expenses Journal- MDS Blog Hop

WELCOME TO THE MDS BLOG HOP!
A bunch of us have joined together to share our passion for digital designing with Stampin' UP's My Digital Studio.  These ladies are SERIOUSLY talented in MDS and I am thrilled to be on this Blog Hop with them! You will find us blog hopping on the 2nd and 4th THURSDAYS of each month!  For the MDS Blog Hop this month, we all wanted to showcase the Weekly deals on Stampin' Up! Did you know that My Digital Studio downloads are included in this weekly special? It is a great way to catch up on some downloads that you may have missed out on and get them at a good discount!

Front                                                  Back

I selected the Travel Journal Digital Kit #121071 which will be on the weekly deal starting August 19th so this is a sneak peak for you to get this kit next week!  It is a great travel download to complete a vacation album as it includes 13 Designer Series Paper and a stamp brush set called Sentimental Journey. As you can see I used the digital kit for another project...a travel expense journalfor my husband. The new soft cover journals are quite different now. They come in black spiral bound 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" or a perfect bound 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  Both are priced at $12.95US/$15.95CAN. I have seen them in person and love them both! (Look for printing showcase soon on the MDS Blog Hop)  Would these not be perfect gifts for the traveling saleman you know?

Some things I did to make the Digital Kit on this project:
 I re-colored the Designer Series Paper with the car to Basic Gray. I also added the car in the stamp brush set on top of the layered DSP in Basic Black at 75% opacity. I used Crushed Curry brads and on the compass rose stamp. I used the Mis-stitched embellishment Espresso and re-colored it to Basic Black. The font used for "expenses" is called Respective at font size 64.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you to go get that 
download starting Tuesday Aug 19th!!
 Cindy 
Click on the button to move on to see what Cori made!

6 comments:

Holly VanDyne said...

LOVE this, Cindy! What a great idea! If I ever get a chance to actually go anywhere I'm going to CASE it! ;)

Wendie Waldman said...

What a fun cover!

Jeanna Bohanon said...

Yeah - you were right, this is awesome!!!!

beth rush said...

Great idea Cindy! a super cute way to keep track of expenses. Its always less of a chore when its cute right?

stampinjul said...

So fancy!! My husband would just grab a mini notebook--I like this one better!

Cori Kozak said...

Very cool Cindy! I love how you recolored this kit! Looks very retro!