Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween Mateys! Arrgh!


I am trying to get back into some traditional scrapbooking since becoming on the Artisan Design Team. Over the years, I have become a digital scrapbooker with My Digital Studio. But this was really fun to create!
It actually was a test that went wrong. My friend Monika and I were creating a traditional red and green banner for a retreat. We learned that if you use Real Red in a spritzer bottle on the banner, it bleeds when you use too much. Oops! So I had this laying around and thought.....pirate flag!
I took the remaining Halloween Banner Simply Created Accessory Kit that I had not used on another project and applied them here. I colored the rhinestones with a yellow sharpie. The background is the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set done with the Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Stampin Pad. I used the Chalk Marker to write on black cardstock. I had to add that skull washi tape to this page!
I just love this picture of my BFF's little man as Captain Hook from our Disney trip! You will probably be seeing more traditional scrapbooking from me!  It was lots of fun!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you!
 Cindy 

1 comment:

beth rush said...

great page! That flag is perfect, a happy accident. It's fun to do the traditional scrapbook pages now and again, but you are my digi inspiration so don't go too crazy :)