Friday, August 2, 2013

My Winning Artisan Entry - Day 3


You just came from Cathy's blog! Hope you are enjoying of Artisan Blog Hop so far this week! Keep checking back over the weekend too! You do not want to miss a day!

 
After I had the sewing confidence down from the last scrapbook page shown yesterday, I knew next that I wanted to create a card to sew on. I cut strips of the Tea for Two DSP (now retired) and placed them on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla cut to size. Then held my breath and started to sew a zip-zag stitch around the edges. The corners were placed perfect on the first try! How lucky could I be! You can recreate this card by using the same DSP but different colors called Afternoon Picnic. It has the same patterns in it but just different colors like blues, purples. I used a new favorite stamp set called Oh Hello which you can still get in our regular catalog.
 
Now continue to hop along to Connie's blog!
 
Thanks for stopping by! Hope this inspired you today! Go get that Afternoon Picnic DSP!
 Cindy
 

    

10 comments:

Connie Collins said...

Such a cute card...the stitching is PERFECT!

Donna Earley said...

I love this card! So perfect! I love everything about it!

Alanna said...

I miss that DSP! .. and sewing on a project gets me every time! Love it Cindy!

Mercedes Weber said...

Wow I never get it perfect on the first try. Great job!

Jen Timko said...

So, so pretty! Your stitching is wonderful!

Monika said...

Another great card. So glad that the stitching worked out perfectly!
Monika

Becky Cowley said...

Love the sewing on it, it adds the perfect touch!

Jeanna Bohanon said...

Such a pretty card

~Erica~ said...

This card is completely perfect. I love everything about it!!

Debbi said...

Great mix of patterns and textures! Wish I could sew.