Friday, September 9, 2011

MDS Blog Hop Week 6

This week MDS Blog Hop challenge was Hybrid Halloween and selected by the talented Mandy.  Here is a funny side story...I had to go all the way to Utah to meet Mandy for the first time and she lives right here in Georgia too!  So working with her on this MDS blog hop is very cool! Glad to call her friend!
What I love about MDS is that you can do multiples of the same project in a flash!  I knew I wanted to do something with our new cellophane bags in the Holiday Mini Catalog. They are just 2.50 for 50 of them! So I plan to make a bunch of these for my daughters' classmates this Halloween. I added on a 8.5x11 landscape format, two square punches and filled them with Peach Parfait.  I left a space of white so that I would know where to make the folds.  Then I added borders from the Pick Your Poison Embellishments download #125614.  I added the sentiment from the Scaredy Cat download #123143 in Whisper White and scaled it down to 2".  I also add the spider image from the same download in Whisper White.  Saved a jpeg and printed on my printer. 
I cut on each side of the Happy Halloween title so that it was 2" in width. Then trimmed off the extra white area. 
To secure to the bag (filled with jelly beans, cut closed end off and then tied at both ends with 1.8" taffeta black ribbon), I poked a hole with my paper-piercing tool. Add a mini silver brad once around the treat.  
To top it off, I added a rhinestone to the body of the spider. Simple, easy and quick! 49 more to go! 

I hope you liked my version of my Hybrid Halloween Treat!
To see more fabulous Halloween projects and pages, check out more from our MDS blog hoppers!

6. me

Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: