Thursday, May 26, 2011

Missing Molly

Remember me posting about the up and downs in life happens on Monday...well I want to share a down moment that just happened recently. 
Our lovin sweet dog, Molly passed away just one week ago today.  She was nearly 17 years old and lived a long and happy life with us.  For the past five years, she has been living in the house with us since our big boy Toby passed away.  The past week has been hard to deal with her loss because we are missing her presence here in the house.  She was my "alarm clock" and followed me around the house as I got the girls ready for school, then she was always with me in my office as I worked or stamped.  She was Howard's late night companion until he would say "Come on Molly, time for bed" and then she would follow him back to the bedroom where we had a bed for her next to ours.  Watching a family movie on Saturday night, I found myself searching for her in her favorite spots to lay.  As we all got ready to leave for a party the other day, I caught myself asking if Molly had gone out to do her biz before we leave and we always would be sure to say to her when leaving the house, "We will be back. Bye Molly" so I got choked up leaving.  There are many other great Molly memories, too many to share but we treasure each one. Many tears in the past days but we were so happy to have her in our lives.  She will be missed.
My tribute to my sweet Molly Sue:
Momma misses you, baby girl.
You were the best dog!
Thank you!
Cindy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This just breaks my heart. I am so sorry for your family. She sounds like a wonderful dog. Your page for her is precious. Payers to you and your family.

Marlene said...

Sorry to hear about your loss of Molly. Sounds like she had a good life with you and your family.