Thursday, August 5, 2010

Michelle's paper flowers

Back a few months ago, my SU demo friend Michelle Scileppi taught Wendy's team to make paper flowers!  Her swap that night was a wood piece with the flower as a magnet.  What can I say?  LOVE IT!  I tried to find the wood piece like watering pot but could not locate them anywhere.  So I did the next best thing.  I traced the swap I had from Michelle onto some chipboard that I had.  I had to use my heavy duty Craft Scissors to cut the chipboard.  I also had to use my small blade to cut the handle out.  I sanded down the edges.  Then I sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip and stamped with Itty Bitty Backgrounds and Whimsical Words.
The flowers are 5 of the five point petal flower punch in Real Red and one in Old Olive.  You place them on a paper plate and wet them with a water spray bottle on both sides. (do not get TOO wet)  Next swish each one in a ball and then undo.  Place each one on top of each other. Punch a hole in the center and place a brad in the center to hold all 6 layers together.  Once that is done then begin to shape the petals by pinching and twisting each petal.  This takes some practice and patience.  The green leaves should be semi flat and showing.  Leave out to dry completely.
Once dry, the paper hardens.  I added the 1/4" Black grosgrain ribbon to the back with glue dots.  Then I took a 5/8" Black Grosgrain ribbon and made a knot for the center of the flower.  Michelle used black pom poms for the center.  Attach either one with a glue dot.  I attached the completed flower with a large glue dot to the chipboard.
Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: