Monday, March 2, 2009

Sad Monday

Sorry, no posts for a couple of days. Our beloved old dog Molly is very sick. We took her to the emergency vet at about 3am and she was diagnosed with Idiopathic Vestibular Disease. It is a neurological disease that effects old dogs 12-13 years old. She is basically spinning on a tea cup ride and can not hold anything down and can not walk. Now the good news is that should be over in 72 hours and she should be back to normal. If not, then we are looking at a brain tumor which the vet said was not likely. So for the next 3 days, we can not leave her unattended and need to watch her closely. I am wiped out with hardly any sleep. My nerves are making me very sick too. Howard is at home with me today and helping with carrying her out to go. I will post later this week with hopefully some good news. Cindy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your dog - I hope she recovers. I watched my first two dogs through some difficult times and eventually had to put them to sleep - one was 15 and almost blind and eventually got a tumor in her sinus area which blocked her ability to breath through her nose and the other 16 and had been deaf with something similar to Alzheimers for a couple of years he went about a year after she did. It is so sad to see them get old. I hope for the best for all of you. Monika