Thursday, April 27, 2017

Fancy Friday Blog Hop - A Piece of Art

Welcome back to the Fancy Friday Blog Hop!
My fancy friends and I are back!!! We loved working with each other so much that we decided to continue on with an all new blog hop to inspire you in fun new ways! These are a group of past and current Artisans that have become fast friends thru the Artisan journey. Glad to have you here! We have 10 of us this month so don't miss a one!
 
Each month on the last Friday, we will bring to you new challenges of all kinds (color,sketch, stamp focus, etc)! This month we were to create a card WITHOUT adding a greeting or any wording on the front. Shocker I know! The idea is to make it a piece of art!
I first took the Shimmery White Cardstock and ran it thru the Big Shot with the Petal Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. The four ink colors I then watercolored with are Bermuda Bay, Pumpkin Pie, Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst. The later two are the BRAND NEW In-Colors coming out June 1st! I can just say very loudly.....
LOVE LOVE LOVE them! The Shimmery White piece becomes pretty saturated so I let it dry completely and then even add it on top of a layer of cardstock for strength before popping it on card base with Stampin' Dimensionals. The Butterflies Thinlits and Bold Butterfly Framelits are still a favorite of mine to use and completes the whimsical feel of this card. 
I stamped the greeting on the inside of the card instead. This one is a sneak peak from a BRAND NEW stamp set called Just Add Text. Love this quote from one of the most famous artist! (I did a huge project on him when going thru college back in the day) 
Today especially, I love this quote as I love all my Artisan friends who join me on this blog hop team! They make my world better with their art!

Would love to have you join us in the Fancy Friday Challenge so make a card or two and let us know in the comments if you did or post on social media somewhere and add the #FANCYFRIDAYBLOGHOP

Thanks for stopping by my post for the Fancy Friday blog hop!
Inspire. Create. Share. That's what I love to do.
Cindy
Now move on to my fun and talented friend Shannon Lane
 by clicking on the next button below! 

1 comment:

CrushOnColour said...

Oof, so pretty! Love that colourful background. Just beautiful.