Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Altered Market Fresh - Stampin' UP Artisan Blog Hop

Welcome back to the Stampin' UP Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! 
We are finishing on our August 2015 box from Stampin' UP. 
This box was FULL of more BRAND NEW products 
from the Stampin' UP 2015-2016 Annual Catalog!!!!!  Remember that every Thursday of each week, all 14 of us from all over the world will post on our blogs an inspiring project for you! Be sure to get Google Translate so that you can read in your language all about how they created their projects too. Now on to my 4th and last project for August....
This week we are showcasing the Market Fresh Stamp Set and the Farmers Market Designer Series Paper from the Annual Catalog's Artistic Expression section starting on page 111. I am sure that you are going to love this suite by the time you finish our hop this week! So many yummy ideas!

I recently received a special treat from my Aunt Dar in Michigan. She gave me a jar of her homegrown and homemade strawberry jam! IT IS SO GOOD! I knew right away what I wanted to do once I saw this stamp set. However, I want to have the saying "Thank You" instead. I stamped the strawberry image with Staz On Black onto watercolor paper. I then used my Aqua painter with Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler to color it in. Then I stamped the other grape stamp with the saying I wanted using the same supplies. This is where some fancy cutting comes into play. I added a visual for you to see just what I mean.
I did use some Stampin dimensionals on the banner so it has a 3D effect as well.
And the background? It is strips of the new 5/8" Striped Cotton Ribbon in Mossy Meadow adhered with Fast Fuse. I just weaved them! Don't forget to make a matching envelope with the Farmers Market Designer Series Paper and the Envelope Punch Board. You need a special size for this 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" card!


 Here is another "altered" stamp set idea! I wanted to make some blueberries instead of the grapes. (to go with the White Chocolate Blueberry Scones that I was giving as a gift) I stamped with Staz On Black onto watercolor paper again. I watercolored in the leaves using my Aqua Painter and Old Olive ink. When you fussy cut out the image, you want to alter the leaves to look like the leaves from a blueberry instead. Another visual for you!
 To complete, you will want to color on the edges with Stampin marker in Basic Black. This makes it look like a real stamp image! I also cut some of the grapes off at the bottom to resemble a bunch of real blueberries.
Then a little more watercoloring with Island Indigo to make them appear like blueberries.
I used Stampin dimensionals to place on the 2 1/2" circle Thick White Cardstock. I absolutely love this white wash wood grain pattern in the Farmers Market DSP! I made the perfect size gift bag with the Gift Bag Punch Board with it! 
Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you to think 
outside the box with your stamp sets!!! 
Cindy
You saw my friend, Becky Cowley before me and now move on to my friend, Helene Legrand by clicking on the next button below! Be sure to stop by all 14 of us!

3 comments:

Connie Collins said...

Oh Cindy, I love how you cut the image apart and lifted the banner. Great cards!

~amy~ said...

Sweet cards!

Allison Okamitsu said...

You are so clever, my friend!