Monday, August 4, 2014

MDS Monday Sketch Challenge #76

Happy Monday to you! and Happy MDS Monday as well! I was in charge of this week's challenge on the design team. I use one of the templates from the photo layouts in MDS as my inspiration for this challenge. I have always loved the look of large photos on a page and in this challenge I divided it up so that you could use the template for large wide photos for scrapbook page or wide layers for card. You could use three photos or like our designers have done, make one of them a layer for your journaling section. Finding a photo for this might be a challenge as well. Look for photos that you can narrow the height on and focus on the width.
Taking family photos can be so much fun! LOL All the planning of outfits for each person to wear (even dealing with men who dislike the whole matchy-matchy theme) and the location selection and the photographer.  But I have to say that our photographer Shala Wills is awesome! She is so sweet and even brought 2 assistants with her to get a perfect photo session completed. The idea of a family photo session was a gift to our Mom for last Christmas. We did this in May and they still have not been printed yet! But I have plans to do so ASAP!

I have to share one photo with ya that totally explained our photo session. It is priceless!
As you can see someone was tired of smiling!

You can give the challenge a try and submit your own page if you click on the MDS Monday button on the right side! Follow the directions on the site to upload your page and link it from your blog or MDS.net. Winners and honorable mentions are announced every week.

 Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you today to get into 
MDS Mondays and our challenges!
Cindy 

4 comments:

Wendie Waldman said...

What a great layout, Cindy and your photos are priceless. I love the covered bridge too.

beth rush said...

Cindy I really love this page and the challenge. I really need to get my family together for a family photo shoot! And the last photo you possted of the little girl with the big smile is too cute. I think the smile was glued in place! priceless!

Tami Hewlett said...

Great idea for a template this week Cindy. I had fun with this one, plus it's a layout I wouldn't have thought of myself. I LOVE the way yours can out. What beautiful pictures of you extended family!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a wonderful layout for your family photos! Such beautiful photos too! Priceless page!