Friday, May 27, 2011

Going Hybrid

Thank you everyone for the sweet comments about my Molly page! They put a smile on my face!

I wanted to share how I took a digital designed page and made it a combination of digitally printed and real materials which is called HYBRID.  Remember this post here:  APRIL WHAT?  So I took three of the pages and turned them into hybrid scrap pages. This is simple hybrid scrapbooking.
This is the front cover page.  I printed the trimmed 8.5x11 page on matte photo paper. Matted it on a piece of 8.5x11 whisper white.  Added that to a 12x12 crumb cake with background sand stamp in crumb cake ink.  Added the hemp twine on the right side.  I also added two real buttons of the colors that I had in hand.

Here are the next two pages in Digital.

And here are the hybrid pages.  I printed just the 8.5x11 part on matte photo paper.  Then I took Wild Wasibi and added the Dotted Scallop Border Punch and added to the sides.  The 8.5x11 Rich Razzleberry is just turned as a layer of color. The main background is 12x12 So Saffron.
I added the two flowers with a brad in real elements. See the pic below for a close up.
I was pretty excited about doing this hybrid process of scrapbooking. I have done more since these pages and it is it going to the next level up each time I create! More to come!
Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: