Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Goodbye for Now

If you check my blog regularly then you know about Wendy.  She is my upline with Stampin Up and a dear friend.  I have been doing Stampin Up as a hobby for over 5 years.  My SU demonstrator left the business and so I was directed to Wendy.  I attended some of her classes in her home and then decided to have workshop.  Then Wendy asked if I would like to be a demonstrator and get my stuff when I wanted and at a discount.  All she had to do was ask!  I responsed to her immediately...YES!  Over the years as a demo, Wendy has been there and supported me in whatever I wanted my SU business to be. 
Now comes why we said goodbye for now! Wendy and her wonderful family took the opportunity of a lifetime to move to Saudi Arabia for her husband's new job and they moved in July.  Before she left, after dealing with house closing, packing and goodbye parties, she had her last downline meeting with us here in GA.  We laughed, cried, had ice cream sundaes, talked about the future, little business and did what we love - stamping!
I wanted to create a card designed entirely by me.  This card came to me in a 3am dream.  I layed there thinking about it and finally just got up and made it.  Colors are Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, and Basic Black.  Stamp sets are Mediallion, Because I Care and Whimsical Words.  The Very Vanilla piece and envelope are sponged in new Crumb Cake ink.  I stamped the Mediallion in Cherry Cobbler and then punch out the Scallop Oval.  The ribbon was Basic Black Striped Grosgrain just glued down.  The inside was simple with stamping from the Because I Care set.  I wrote in it later and tried not to cry as I did.
Wendy, Ted and their girls arrived safely and are adjusting to life there.  My sideline Monika plans to hold Wendy's classes and downline meeting here in GA.  We are hoping to Skype over the internet with Wendy at our meeting next month!  So like we said, NOT goodbye just goodbye for now.  Miss you, Wendy!
Have a magical day!
Cindy

2 comments:

Gail S. said...

Beautiful card!! I love this Because I Care set!!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the awesome tote?
I would love to get one like it!
Thanks!
Barby Thompson
barbyt123@hotmail.com