Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Summer Display

In 2008, I made a 12 month seasonal plate display at Wendy's house during the holidays.  I loved the June plate but it was Bashful Blue, Pumkpin Pie and So Saffron and no way did it match my new strawberry basket.  So back to my studio to create a matching plate cover! I had it done in less then 10 minutes!

I traced my other June plate cover to a piece of Old Olive, cut it out and ran it thru the dotted embossing plate.  Next, I stamped using Old Olive and Real Red markers the strawberry from the Tart & Tangy stamp set onto Whisper White and cut it out.  Added the stitching in White gel pen and Real Red!  Do not forget the month JUNE from Full Calendar stamp set.  My plate covers are attached by velcro dots.

Here is my summer strawberry display.  Does this not scream "SUMMER IS HERE"?
We are enjoying our summer so far!
Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: