Wednesday, December 23, 2009

1 Day til Christmas!

I have to give credit to my friend Monika Davis who helped me make this beautiful countdown advent calendar box!  She posted her version on her blog here:   Monika's advent box # 1 and here: Monika's advent box # 2  I wonder how her last one came out for her other son. 
I went over to her house to die cut all the matchboxes that make up the drawers since I do not have that die cut yet!  I used the Simply Scrappin Kit from Christmas last year.  I used some gingham ribbon, retired ribbon and regular 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.  The snowflakes are felt flurries from last year's mini catalog. The colors are Old Olive, Real Red and Chocolate Chip.  I love the red rhinestone for my top drawer closer.  You can see below how each of the four sides are decorated. You can click on each picture to enlarge the picture to see the details.  Monika explains on her blog how to make them so I will not go into more details on how to make it.  She is a pro at giving instructions!  Thanks Monika!  I love mine and so does my daughter Allison! 






















































Have a magical day!
Cindy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh good - I was hoping you would post yours so I could see how it turned out. It is wonderful!
I still have to finish the third one - the top box needs to be added, the numbers need to be added and then decorations on the side. Oh well - I'll have it ready for next Christmas....
Happy Stampin'!
Monika